Monday, June 12, 2006

Calendar of the Soul

(for Gabriela)

In 1912 Rudolf Steiner brought out a remarkable calendar which among other things provided verses for each week, starting with Easter Sunday. Each verse fits the time of year remarkably. Here is the verse for this week, 12-18 June:

Forgetful of my ego's separate will,
Warmth of the cosmos, summer-heralding,
Begins to fill my spirit and my soul,
To lose myself in light
Is the behest of spirit vision.
Now strongly speaks to me my dawning vision:
O lose yourself, so you may find yourself

and the German:

Vergessend meine Willenseigenheit
Erfuellet Weltenwaerme sommerkuendend
Mir Geist und Seelenwesen:
Im Licht mich zu verlieren
Gebietet mir das Geistesschauen,
Und kraftvoll kuendet Ahnung mir:
Verliere dich, um dich zu finden

No comments: